My Workshops

I have been teaching studio clay workshops for thirty years, and as much as I love my work in the university, workshops are my favorite teaching venue.  To find out where and when I have upcoming workshops, go to My Scheduled Workshops.

For the general philosophy and structure of my workshops, go to General Information.

My current workshop offerings include Ancient Clay; Handbuilding: Tricks of the Trade; Form and Imagery with Colored Clays; Slab-Built Tableware; Fast and Efficient Coil-Construction; Developing Ceramic Surface; and Teapots: Thrown and Handbuilt. Click the buttons above or any of these titles to find out more, including description, schedule, lists of materials and facilities to be provided by the hosting venue, a supply list for participants, and images of past workshops.  In each section, there is the option to download a PDF of the information.

After thirty years teaching ceramics in a university academic program and conducting clay workshops, I can offer targeted workshops on many topics in addition to those listed above.  I can customize a workshop to the needs of a particular group, as long as it does not involve combining completely different ceramic topics in one workshop, because in my experience that waters down the learning opportunity for everyone.

It is best to schedule workshops at least a year in advance, but sometimes I do have the flexibility to do one on shorter notice.  If you are interested in having me present a workshop, please call or email for terms, pricing, and scheduling.